How does hand sanitizer work?
Coronavirus: how to deal with it when soap and water are not available, when you are outside, use a hand sanitizer.
The ethyl alcohol destroys bacteria and viruses by denatating the proteins of the cells that protect the bacterium or virus.
The ingredients for making hand sanitizer
- Isopropyl or ubbing alcohol (between 70 and 99 percent alcohol volume)
- aloe vera gel (You can also use the plant)
- Essential oil (Or lemon juice)
- Proportion is 2 alcohols for every 1 aloe (grams, cup)
Hand sanitizer recipe
The preparation of the hand sanitizer
- 2 cup of Isopropyl or ubbing alcohol
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel (make yourself)
- 6 drops of essential oil or lemon juice
How to bind the ingredients
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl of the appropriate size
- Mix everything together, you can use electric tools.
- Notice the density of the ointment (you can add more aloe if you feel)
- Put in a squeeze bottle and close the lid.
How to use hand sanitizer
I’ll give you some tips to sterilize your hands
- One click on the squeeze bottle.
- Cover the entire area of the palm, and between the fingers, fingernails is a very infected place, notice the sanitizer gets there too.
- Rubbed your palms for about thirty seconds
According to CDC
- cryptosporidium (which causes cryptosporidiosis)
- clostridium difficile (also known as C. diff)